Chair-based exercise sessions can be very useful for more elderly clients, or people needing to rehabilitate from an injury, or surgery. The session could involve some seated exercises, or be predominately seated, depending on your needs.
Balance training can also be incorporated into these sessions, which will help to improve your confidence to get out and about more easily.
A full assessment of your needs will be made on the first session. Recommendations will be made and an exercise plan designed to suit your individual requirements and goals.
I run a clinic at Physiofit Kent, Loose, on Tuesdays or I can offer sessions based in your home. (There will be an additional charge for travel outside of the Maidstone area.)
Benefits of starting a chair-based exercise session include:
- strengthening muscles around joints, to keep them supported and less painful
- promoting better range of movement, through increased flexibility and joint movement
- balance training to prevent trips and falls
- better breathing practise
- promoting blood flow
- increased self-confidence
- improved posture
- aiming to reduce the need for pain medication
- rehabilitating existing injuries
- maintaining independence
- exercises that are easy to complete at home
- a specific exercise plan to suit individual needs
- affordable sessions
- times to suit you
- ability to do the sessions in the comfort of your own home
- experienced and highly qualified GP referral instructor
- learning ways to keep yourself healthier and injury free
I have experience of working with a number of conditions including Parkinson’s, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis, those recovering from joint replacement surgery, people diagnosed with cancer, fibromyalgia, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and other hypermobility related issues, rehabilitating broken bones, soft tissue injuries, back pain, including disc issues, degeneration of the spine, carpal tunnel, plantar fasciitis, pelvic floor issues, sporting injuries and more…
For further information please contact Vicki on 07759 833097, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair-based Pilates. A brilliant way of getting back to exercising after an ankle break. Great way to conquer issues such as balance difficulties. Made such a difference to me, with a lovely instructor. Never looked back. Thank you Vicki.
Emma, Loose, 1:1 client and class member